i’m breaking from the vegetarian recipe, but this recipe could be vegetarian by replacing the chicken with tempe or tofu. adding some sweet potatoes are also encourage. it’s a slightly modified recipe from here.
commonly semur ayam in indonesian dishes doesn’t use coconut milk, but trying this recipe make the coconut milk somehow become compulsory.
1 piece chicken breast, slice into 4
sweet soy sauce (bango brand recommended), to taste
250 ml coconut milk
250 ml water
2 cloves of red small onion, sliced thinly
3 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
2 cm of cinnamon stick
2 tablespoon of butter
salt, sugar and pepper, to taste
1. season the chicken with salt and pepper, leave it for 15 minutes. then fried it in oil until 3/4 done.
2. sautee the onions and garlic with butter.
3. put in the chicken, sweet soy sauce, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and sugar. next, put in the coconut milk and water. stir occasionally in medium heat until the soup thickens.
4. serve with rice.
1. i add some bean and carrot while boiling the soup.
2. you could add some chili when boiling if you want it hot :D